United Airlines has announced the launch of the United Corporate Preferred, a new corporate travel program designed specifically for the airline's most loyal business customers. The new program includes benefits such as preferred upgrades and stand-bys, discounts and much more.
The program is a multi-level program with benefits at three levels, including United Corporate Preferred, United Corporate Preferred Plus and United Corporate Preferred Elite.
A press release issued by United Airlines on the subject stated, "Eligibility for the program is determined by a corporation's contract status, revenue contribution and loyalty with United Airlines. Eligible corporate agreements include United corporate share agreements, United PassPlus and United Meetings."
Commenting on the launch, Jake Cefolia, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales, United Airlines stated, "Every day thousands of road warriors are jetting off on United to work events and business meetings all over the world. We designed our United Corporate Preferred program with the customer's entire travel experience in mind, from booking to landing, to identify opportunities to show our appreciation to our loyal business customers with a program that offers extra perks and travel benefits."
According to the press release, "Benefits offered to all United Corporate Preferred customers include:
- Preferred upgrades – tie-breaker preferences for upgrades.
- Preferred standby – prioritization when travelling on standby for a different flight and when wait-listing for a seat in a different cabin or booking class.
- Operational adjustment protection – protection during travel interruptions, as well as seat protection to retain the same or similar seat in the event of an aircraft swap.
- Preferred discounts and offers – eligibility to receive exclusive promotions offered by both United and its partners in the near future.
Customers in the airline's new United Corporate Preferred Elite level will also receive the following:
- Additional travel waiver flexibility – when United has a travel waiver in place, customers will receive additional flexibility to adjust their travel beyond restrictions in place on the standard waiver.
- Preferred boarding – later this year, customers will receive priority boarding in group two.
- Preferred seating – later this year, customers will have access to book designated standard economy seats closer to the front of the plane."
To receive these benefits, tickets must be flown on United or United Express flights, reservations must include the customer's corporate account number at the time of booking, and the travel must be for the corporate customer's business. Companies invited to participate in United Corporate Preferred will receive a tailored web page with information on benefits eligible to their employees. For more information on the program, visit unitedcorporatepreferred.com.